Mind in transition

This blog is about me, my family, and my social work career.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I'm confused, but still faithful; opinionated, but still thoughtful; steady, but still growing.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

It budged!

Finally the scale is beginning to show my efforts. Today it showed one pound less. I would have liked it would be a bit more, but any progress is just that.

While I could get my heart rate up to a good level just speed walking 2 weeks ago, that no longer works, so I've punctuated it with short periods of jogging. I also get my bike out a couple of times a week. As both biking and jogging wreak havoc on my neck, my chiropractor sees a lot more of me these days. As a result, discomfort and pain have been at livable levels.

Exercising just seems to work best in the morning, even though I'm not a morning person. I get up as close to 7 as I can handle and do my thing while Rob gets Taryn up for school, then I come back and take over kid duty while Rob walks Taryn to school and does his run/walk (course, no more school for awhile). There's a nice sense of it's over with for the day.

If I bike, going to KP is quite nice. No cruisers, no loud car stereos. As a member of the under-55 crowd I am definitely in the minority there that early in the morning. Maybe one day this summer I'll take off for a longer ride, cross over the river and head for Bunn's Creek. Maybe more than one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

WooHoo! Down is down.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home