The power of not giving a rat's bahookie

I just finished reading The No Assholes Rule. Author Robert Sutton gives an overview on the concept in this video.
I think my favourite part of the book is when he talks about the importance of indifference. He says that's unusual as most business books talk about passion and excellence (he even includes two favourites of mine: Dennis Bakke who wrote Joy at Work and Jim Collins who wrote Good to Great). But in a situation in which you don't have the power to affect change, becoming indifferent is a key to surviving.
This is my task in the next while: to stop caring so much about the injustice at work and remove myself emotionally form the situation. My natural inclination is to be very passionate about issues of justice. As I have limited power, I need to be careful of my emotional investment.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home