tagged
No, Cindy, there was no doubt.
Intro: there is a new "getting to know you" internet game going on. I am now among the chosen.
A couple of these were very thought-provoking for me. The answers didn't always come easy.
Here we go.
Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Youth Care Worker
2. Cemetary receptionist and office administrator
3. Cake decorator of ice cream cakes for DQ (guess how many panda cakes I made because the Wpg Zoo had pandas that year. Guess! I'll tell you - too freaking many.)
4. Roadside fruit seller.
Four Movies/Shows I've Been Addicted To:
1. Gilmore Girls is the current must see.
2. Law and Order was a major addiction for a time, then it dropped off the radar
3. What Not to Wear
4. Family Plots
Four Places I've Lived:
If places means at least a different town or city, I've actually only ever lived in 3:
1. Waldheim, SK
2. Otterburne, MB
3. Winnipeg (at 9 different addresses, though, including Langside Street)
Now I feel pathetic.
Four Countries I Would Like To Visit:
1. Australia
2. Great Britain
3. Japan
4. A country in Africa
Four Popular False Assumptions About Me:
I don't know about "popular", but here are the only things I can think of
1. That I was so brave to have a home birth. Bravery wasn't a factor. With my first birth, the research I did revealed that women with midwives had healthier births because doctors intervene unnecessarily way too often. With my first kid, I couldn't have a midwife assisted birth in hospital. Therefore it was just common sense to birth at home for the best possible outcomes.
2. This one applies to people who knew me up to age 20 who I run into - they assume I must be very involved in music at my present church (when I had a present church) and are surprised that I am not (can't make people like me or what I do).
3. That I am becoming isolated now that I don't have a home church. On the contrary, I have grown deeper into some relationships and feel less isolated now than when I was attending.
4. That I am a very good person/mother. What I'm very good at is keeping up appearances. Family knows different. I'm not horrible, but I do get the impression people think I'm at a different level than I am.
Four People I Look Like:
1. A woman that walked into Eat It just as I was coming out - it was freaky, she had on the exact pair of jeans as me (from Rickis), we both had black jackets and long, brunette, curly hair.
2. My sister, Sharon
3. Joyska
4. A Hottentot
Four Things (I Hope) To Do Before I Die:
1. Get a masters degree
2. Buy an RV or motor home and travel with the kids lots while they are still home with us.
3. Attain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle and keep consistent at it
4. Teach at a college or university.
Four People I Tag Next:
1. Rob- I challenge him to start a blog so he can do this.
2. Bev
3. Mel
4. Joyska
Intro: there is a new "getting to know you" internet game going on. I am now among the chosen.
A couple of these were very thought-provoking for me. The answers didn't always come easy.
Here we go.
Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Youth Care Worker
2. Cemetary receptionist and office administrator
3. Cake decorator of ice cream cakes for DQ (guess how many panda cakes I made because the Wpg Zoo had pandas that year. Guess! I'll tell you - too freaking many.)
4. Roadside fruit seller.
Four Movies/Shows I've Been Addicted To:
1. Gilmore Girls is the current must see.
2. Law and Order was a major addiction for a time, then it dropped off the radar
3. What Not to Wear
4. Family Plots
Four Places I've Lived:
If places means at least a different town or city, I've actually only ever lived in 3:
1. Waldheim, SK
2. Otterburne, MB
3. Winnipeg (at 9 different addresses, though, including Langside Street)
Now I feel pathetic.
Four Countries I Would Like To Visit:
1. Australia
2. Great Britain
3. Japan
4. A country in Africa
Four Popular False Assumptions About Me:
I don't know about "popular", but here are the only things I can think of
1. That I was so brave to have a home birth. Bravery wasn't a factor. With my first birth, the research I did revealed that women with midwives had healthier births because doctors intervene unnecessarily way too often. With my first kid, I couldn't have a midwife assisted birth in hospital. Therefore it was just common sense to birth at home for the best possible outcomes.
2. This one applies to people who knew me up to age 20 who I run into - they assume I must be very involved in music at my present church (when I had a present church) and are surprised that I am not (can't make people like me or what I do).
3. That I am becoming isolated now that I don't have a home church. On the contrary, I have grown deeper into some relationships and feel less isolated now than when I was attending.
4. That I am a very good person/mother. What I'm very good at is keeping up appearances. Family knows different. I'm not horrible, but I do get the impression people think I'm at a different level than I am.
Four People I Look Like:
1. A woman that walked into Eat It just as I was coming out - it was freaky, she had on the exact pair of jeans as me (from Rickis), we both had black jackets and long, brunette, curly hair.
2. My sister, Sharon
3. Joyska
4. A Hottentot
Four Things (I Hope) To Do Before I Die:
1. Get a masters degree
2. Buy an RV or motor home and travel with the kids lots while they are still home with us.
3. Attain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle and keep consistent at it
4. Teach at a college or university.
Four People I Tag Next:
1. Rob- I challenge him to start a blog so he can do this.
2. Bev
3. Mel
4. Joyska


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home