An Apology...


Hey Yvonne,
RE: what is by now ancient history
Recent events have given me pause to re-evaluate views on communication etc. It seems you’re not the only person I’m coming across in my travels to have understandably been offended or have taken me the wrong way. As I have been looking back over the years, this is becoming clearer to me, as I remember this or that.
Let me take the opportunity to apologise, clarify and say for the record that I don’t qualify anyone as a moron. While my somewhat passionate email was not really directed at you per se, as I may have said earlier, you did write expressing some rancour, understandably, which is why I write to you now.
No, I don’t really wish rehash either as I too feel the topic has long been exhausted, but the Commander in Chief requires us to keep things smooth, if I wish my Sonship to have any practical value. I’ll try to keep it short and painless.
My motives…
I don’t come from a healthy family, and church was not a part of our lives. While I can see God working here or there, what I have observed over the years is a backing away from God and Church based partly but strongly on the foibles and stumblings of Christians, myself among them.
Ergo, when I see or at least perceive, and again not from yourself per se, some folks in the blog and in the church universal implying that some terrible evil may at least potentially occur should we partake in a spiritually inert activity like collecting candy and dressing up…
I know people, and I can think of several off the top of my head, who have witnessed this and things like it done in the church (I speak of the whole church), and feel that they must leave their brain at the door when it comes to God and Church. I have seen more times than I can recall, members of my family shaking their heads and closing their hearts when they see these kinds of things.
What didn’t get through in my humour was my concern and caution that all of us in the church need very much to make certain that we don’t turn folks away by what we do or don’t do…to make certain that whatever it is we practise or don’t practice is seen to be done based in facts and script and in the good sense that God gave us, rather than ideas and info we may not necessarily have taken the time to make certain is true and fact based. I can tell you, I’m guilty of this mistake as much as anyone and I see whom it has cost, and it hurts.
It was not my intention to cut anyone, and I apologise if I have caused offence, one and all. Sometimes having a sense of humour like mine is like being shackled to a madman...
You’ll find this email posted on Jude’s blog, for what it’s worth.
TTFN
Rotten Robbie


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home