Brilliant exercise insertion followed by migraine today. It comes from carrying stuff (I study on the bus, bring a lunch, breast pump equipment). I should have bought a new backpack this fall but I didn't think it looked professional enough, so I bought a leather-look postman's bag. A backpack would have made migraines less likely. Might get one anyhow.
Recently read an interesting book: Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner. The author writes about her spiritual journey from Reform Judaism to Orthodox Judaism to Christianity. She attends an evangelical episcopalian church now. Her brand of Christianity includes many things that I learned to eschew in my life: icons, litergy, prayer books, confession. They have always struck me as dull and lifeless. Yet she has found life in them. Makes me wonder if there are things I could add to my spiritual existence that would build up my life in Christ. Rob mentioned the other day that he would like to have a crown of thorns, an icon of sorts. I'm thinking about getting the Book of Common Prayer. A Mennonite who goes charismatic and then takes on Anglican characteristics. A Mennomatican.
Recently read an interesting book: Girl Meets God by Lauren Winner. The author writes about her spiritual journey from Reform Judaism to Orthodox Judaism to Christianity. She attends an evangelical episcopalian church now. Her brand of Christianity includes many things that I learned to eschew in my life: icons, litergy, prayer books, confession. They have always struck me as dull and lifeless. Yet she has found life in them. Makes me wonder if there are things I could add to my spiritual existence that would build up my life in Christ. Rob mentioned the other day that he would like to have a crown of thorns, an icon of sorts. I'm thinking about getting the Book of Common Prayer. A Mennonite who goes charismatic and then takes on Anglican characteristics. A Mennomatican.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home